Not able to access maps through Droid devices or I-Pad

03-14-2013 06:58 AM
HeatherKreiger
New Contributor
I have been having problems for the last few days trying to access maps on the ArcGIS app through Android devices and I-Pads. Some of my maps will work with no problems, and others will not work at all. On the Android device, the error message comes up "Map Failed to Load". When I try to open the same map on an I-Pad, it completely shuts the app down. I have tried to re-create the map twice and still have the same issues (I have even tried re-creating the shapefiles). I have also tried uninstalling the apps on both devices and reinstalling again, and it still keeps doing the same thing. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share your map to a group and invite mobileios into it and I can check it out on the iPad and an Android device. What version of the iPad are you using and what Android device are you seeing this issue with.

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
HeatherKreiger
New Contributor
Thanks for your help Russ! I have sent you an invitation to a group called Maps by hkreiger1104. We are using the original version of the I-Pads and the android device I am using is the Motorola Razr.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
So i resaved the map in explorer.arcgis.com and the issue seems to have resolved itself. The new map is in the group and both apps can view it without any error message or crash.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
HeatherKreiger
New Contributor
That seemed to have worked for a little while. (I was able to open the map on Friday.) When I tried to open the map again this morning on the Droid, it is back to doing the same thing. I get a message that says "The map has failed to load". I haven't tried using an I-
Pad yet.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I couldnt repro your issue with the map I added into your group. Your original map was throwing the error in Android when I tried to open in. Have you tried re-saving that version of the map?

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
AnasMalkawi1
New Contributor II
I'm having the same exact problem...My iPad shuts down the app once I attempt to open the map though it opens in ArcGIS Online on my desktop.

Another problem with another map is that I can actually open it on the iPad but the features don't show up for a long time. It's not my cellular network issue because I open my organization map and it opens all the features instantly. My organization pushes the data through a server versus ESRI cloud. Is the problem with the cloud itself? Overwhelmed Maybe?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
For the map that is causing the app to crash does it contain imported shapefiles or csv with a custom renderer?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
AnasMalkawi1
New Contributor II
Imported shapefile in .zip format. I did the same thing with the same shapefile in explorer and it worked just fine.
0 Kudos