Not All Records are Publishing to ArcGIS Online

01-21-2016 11:13 AM
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish a feature from a file geodatabase to ArcGIS online. This feature contains 611 records, however when I publish it to my organizations online account, only 510 records appear. I don't understand, the maximum records allowed is set to 1000 in the publishing window. Everything seems to be in working order and I recently published a similar layer containing almost 3000 records with no problem. Any insight to what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Well its's been a while, but here's an update. I finally got it to work. I had to separate the 101 records that wouldn't publish into a separate shapefile in ArcMap. Then republished that layer separately and made sure that the records displayed. Finally I combined them with my original layer using the "merge" tool on ArcGIS Online. That worked!  Not sure why AGOL didn't like those 101 records, but it excepted them in a separate feature layer. I've also found that having  M values can keep certain records from publishing. That was a separate issue though. 

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for reporting back Michael.

Can you share your problematic data?

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Here you go Kelly. These are the features that wouldn't display in AGOL but show up fine in ArcMap. If you have trouble downloading it, just let me know.

http://gfcgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0ec6c20188d24951b6040ded73085a92#overview

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Michael,

I'd like to get this looked at by technical support. Can you reach out to technical support or let me know if you need some help getting in contact.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Sure Kelly,

I can do that. I would like to know what causing this data to not publish.

0 Kudos
JasonLevine
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Were you able to find a resolution to this?  I'm running into the same issue with some of my data.  I thought I needed to simplify my features (too many vertices), but after running a vertex count, my features max out at 99, so that can't be the problem. 

-Jason

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jason,

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from a fire assignment. I had opened up a support case for this issue with ESRI and was going to schedule a screen share. However do to some unforeseen events at work, have had to postpone it for a while. My recommendation is to see if you can identify these records and export them to a separate shapefile in desktop and then try publishing as a separate feature layer . If that works, merge them together with the original feature layer in AGOL. That's a work around that has was successful for me last time. Also, make sure you do not have m values in your geodatabase, that can cause issues.

0 Kudos
JasonLevine

Hi Michael,

I was able to diagnose my problem as "vertical features".  I have some 3D models that I was trying to publish into a scene service on AGOL, but they contain several polylines that have multiple vertical segments.  Portal doesn't have a problem with it, but apparently, it's a "known limitation" (not a bug) in AGOL.  They've reopened it as a bug though and hopefully they'll "add" the functionality soon.  My temporary workaround is to loop through each feature to find vertical segments, and offset the x coordinate by a very small amount;  the result is an unnoticeable tilt that prevents AGOL from considering it a vertical segment. 

-Jason

0 Kudos
JillHalchin

I'm having the same issue with two layers in a service, publishing through Pro from and SDE geodatabase. Other layers in the map from another SDE publish just fine. The problem is with AGOL.  All features show up when publishing from the same map to Portal.  

After trying a new SDE and a FGDB, I finally resorted to exporting the errant layers to the GDB maintained by Pro for the project.  That publishes correctly.  Will be a pain to maintain because edits will have to be copied to the Pro GDB every time in order to keep the public app up to date.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jill Halchin so in your case the issue with missing records was still reproducible when you exported form the Enterprise Geodatabase to a File Geodatabase?

0 Kudos