One to many relates in a popup in AGOL

Jump to solution
10-02-2014 01:38 PM
USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have several layers, each with a one to many relate to several different tables. I saw a post on here that said in order to see relates in AGOL, you must click the show related records button. I want my related records to show up in the popup. My popup right now shows 1's and 0's for all my related records, instead of the actual values. Esri advertized earlier this year that related records were now supported in popups. Can anyone verify that you must click the show related records button in AGOL, and that they will not show up in the popup window itself?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

If you have one to one relates, you can have the values show up in the popup itself. However, since you have 1 to many relates, if you want to show the actual field values, you need to click the Show Related Records button, which opens a table showing the related records. You do have the option to display a summarized value in the popup itself. For example, if one of your attributes is store sales, and there are x stores that are related, you can have the popup display the sum of all sales of the x stores.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

If you have one to one relates, you can have the values show up in the popup itself. However, since you have 1 to many relates, if you want to show the actual field values, you need to click the Show Related Records button, which opens a table showing the related records. You do have the option to display a summarized value in the popup itself. For example, if one of your attributes is store sales, and there are x stores that are related, you can have the popup display the sum of all sales of the x stores.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

Thanks Mike for the answer. Hopefully esri will enable the functionality to display only the related records that the user clicked on in the popup in a future release, without having to click show related records and have the entire table of related records show, which I believe is how it now works. The user is only going to be interested in the related records for the feature they clicked on, they most likely will not want to see the entire related table.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Just to be clear, when you click the show related records, the table that displays only shows the specific records related to the feature clicked.

Can you explain what sort of enhancement you are after? Say you have 20 related records for a given feature. How are you expecting the popup to display all 20 records? Are you expecting some sort of paging mechanism that allows you to step through each record? We have not tried to implement this as we would need to introduce additional navigation on the popup panel. For example, an initial click over the map might yield 5 layer matches. A layer match might have multiple related tables with multiple related records. A related record might further have related records. So it can get complex quite quickly. If we implement such a solution, we'd need to support the worst case...

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

We currently have an application built on Flash technology that allows us to click on a feature, and show all related records for the feature we clicked on. Yes, there are sometimes a lot of results. However, in our Flash application, we have it set up with headings and titles, so the user can see which related table the records are coming from. It's all organized nice and neatly in the popup window, with a scroll bar allowing the user to scroll through the results. Something like that is what I'm after.

0 Kudos