Our organization's ARCmap's sign in tab and gis online tab is grey, not working? Do I need to apply for the additional previlege to use them or I need to download certain patches? Btw, we are using the nonprofit account.

Jump to solution
03-21-2017 07:00 AM
EricBoerer
New Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to publish the maps we created from our arcmap to online GIS through our non-profit account, however, the "sign In" and "GIS online tab isn't working, do we have to apply for certain privilege to use it or download certain patches to make it work? (BTW, "add basemap" online isn't working as well.)

Thank you, if you could help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Online Sign In option Greyed out in ArcMap

On your Windows Task Bar, near the clock, you should see a globe icon (you may need to choose the Show Hidden Icons arrow).

Right-click on this and choose Test Connection Now - this will attempt to connect to ArcGIS Online. When it's connected, hovering over the icon should show "Connected to ArcGIS Online".

AGOL_SignIn_ArcMap

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Online Sign In option Greyed out in ArcMap

On your Windows Task Bar, near the clock, you should see a globe icon (you may need to choose the Show Hidden Icons arrow).

Right-click on this and choose Test Connection Now - this will attempt to connect to ArcGIS Online. When it's connected, hovering over the icon should show "Connected to ArcGIS Online".

AGOL_SignIn_ArcMap

Think Location
EricBoerer
New Contributor

Thank you Jayanta, it was very helpful. I thought the arcglobal is automatically opened with the ArcMap. I didn't realize it should be opened separately.

Thank you,

BikePGH

0 Kudos