Pop-ups in ArcGIS Online Editable Layer

09-26-2011 10:37 AM
RyanMitchell
New Contributor
I'm not able to configure popups (or get any at all) for editable layers added to a map created on ArcGIS.com. It looks so easy here:

http://tinyurl.com/45543c6

Has this functionality been disabled or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
Ryan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RyanMitchell
New Contributor
http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=24544ea02b554f56a6d2d95de7473668

I am able to open and configure popups for a layer added from a file (lcb_all_dams), but still not for editable layers. Can anyone confirm whether this functionality is available for editable layers added to a map in ArcGIS.com?

Also, the popups for the layer added from a file don't open at their full size in an embedded web page. They open fine in ArcGIS.com or in a web app. I guess this is just a result of the embedded map size (500 x 400), but I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow customize the size of the popup.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Unfortunately, popups on editable layers is currently broken. That's why you're not seeing any. We plan to release an update to the website early next week.

As far as configuring popups for editable layers, it's not supported. Editable layers basically have a title and description and an optional image. You get all this information in the popup. If you don't want some part, leave it blank.

It's not possible to customize the size of the popup. You can enlarge it and it will completely cover the map display. Click the square icon in the title bar of the popup.

As far as viewing popups in embedded maps, by default we switch to our mobile popup version for embedded maps with widths 500 pixels or smaller. I'd like to make this an option, but for now, it's hard coded into embedded maps.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
PaulStahlschmidt
New Contributor
Thanks for the answer here Mike.  I was wondering what was going on.
0 Kudos
RyanMitchell
New Contributor
Thanks for the info, Mike. That helps. I'll look forward to the update.

-Ryan
0 Kudos