Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups Showing Layer Name Instead of Value

03-05-2024 01:31 PM
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

I'm working with our civil engineers on a traffic sign inventory. Signs are group by certain MUTCD codes, and the layer named appropriately. I would like the Pop-up to show the MUTCD code, and not the layer name.

Example: Codes W10-1, W1-6, W1-8, W1-2R are grouped together and the layer named "Warning - Other Signs". Instead of the MUTCD Code (eg W10-1) showing in the pop-up, it shows the layer name instead.

How do I correct this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

In your popup configuration panel as i've shown below - in the Title area you put in the field you want to show as well as other text you want to add for formatting. You pick the field you want from where the little { } show on the side of that dialogue.

clt_cabq_0-1709677152960.png

0 Kudos
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

Thank you clt_cabq. However, it still wants to use the layer name in the title rather than the field value. Labeling works to show the MUTCD code correctly though. 🤔. An option would be to duplicate the field used for the grouped symbology and treat it as if.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

There's another place where the title can be configured in the popups window - under the Field List, you might check there to see if that's been set up independently of the main popup? Its kind of weird in some ways that you can do this but I'm sure there is a use for it.

clt_cabq_0-1709742941621.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Do you want to populate the Popup title or the (attribute) list title with the MUTCD code?

RhettZufelt_0-1710263612961.png

R_

0 Kudos
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

@RhettZufelt I wanted to populate the attribute list with the MUTCD code and not the name of the layered group. By duplicating the code field, I was able to accomplish everything without difficulty. HOWEVER, it becomes more of a maintenance issue because I need to edit the table now to add the code into the original field so that it gets properly symbolized with other (eg) W10-1 signs.

0 Kudos
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

@clt_cabq I ended up duplicating the field to accomplish the goal for the labeling, but created a new issue of not populating the original field necessary for symbology.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

@LukeSnyder how are you grouping your layers? is it in arcGIS Pro then published that way as a hosted service? or are you grouping them in the the the webmap? And I am wondering in the latter case if it matters where you are configuring your popups, before you group things, or once they are grouped? 

0 Kudos
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

@clt_cabq I've created it both ways with variations as you described with the same result. I'm trying to accommodate the department's MO, but need to attempt to change that, which will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

its bizarre, shouldn't really be so difficult, so without seeing the actual configuration screens or understanding how your webmap is built or how your layers are created (hosted, via AGS server, etc) its very difficult to diagnose.

0 Kudos