Problems with WFS on ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
04-12-2023 02:20 AM
Labels (1)
Fgarriga
New Contributor II

I have created a WFS service (points) with Geoserver. I'm having a problem uploading to ArcGIS online.
If I load a new element in ArcGIS, everything is correct, but adding the layer in Map Viewer does not work, only if from Map Viewer you load the WFS with the URL.
Another function that does not work is that if I want to zoom to an element from a list in a Dashboard application, the zoom to the element does not work for me.
Some clue?
Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Thank for that. I've been testing this in my own ArcGIS Online organisation and can see the same behaviour.

I've found an existing bug logged for this which is currently in review - BUG-000156736: WFS are not loading when adding the layers to the Map Viewer through Browse Layers. I'm hopeful that a resolution to this bug should address the issue for you.

In the meantime, the following options are working for me:

1. Adding the WFS directly into Map Viewer using Add layer from URL

PeterHodkinson_0-1681392984434.png

2. Adding the WFS as a new content item then clicking Open in Map Viewer from the item details page 
    PeterHodkinson_1-1681393051481.png

I hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @Fgarriga 

Are you able to share the URL for your WFS please?

"If I load a new element in ArcGIS, everything is correct, but adding the layer in Map Viewer does not work" - are you referring to adding the WFS as an item in your ArcGIS Online content, then adding this content item in Map Viewer via the add layers option?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Fgarriga
New Contributor II

Hy Peter, 

Yes ... is this URL "https://geoserver.ctfc.cat:9090/geoserver/velutina/ows?service=WFS" 
Layer: Assentaments X/Y PUNTS

Thanks

0 Kudos
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Thank for that. I've been testing this in my own ArcGIS Online organisation and can see the same behaviour.

I've found an existing bug logged for this which is currently in review - BUG-000156736: WFS are not loading when adding the layers to the Map Viewer through Browse Layers. I'm hopeful that a resolution to this bug should address the issue for you.

In the meantime, the following options are working for me:

1. Adding the WFS directly into Map Viewer using Add layer from URL

PeterHodkinson_0-1681392984434.png

2. Adding the WFS as a new content item then clicking Open in Map Viewer from the item details page 
    PeterHodkinson_1-1681393051481.png

I hope this is helpful!

Fgarriga
New Contributor II

Thanks Peter !!!!

Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Any progress with this bug? We are still experiencing issues. Thanks.

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anneka_France 

I'm afraid it's still under review at the moment. If you raise a Support case with Esri UK we can make sure that you're subscribed to receive updates on its progress.

Does the workaround above work for you in the meantime?

0 Kudos
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anneka_France I can see that this bug was reported as resolved in the June 2023 update to ArcGIS Online - and I can see it's working in my testing too. 

I assume you're no longer experiencing the problem?

0 Kudos
Helga
by
New Contributor

Dear Peter,

does it work with any WFS in the moment, I am experiencing the same problem. It would be nice to also add WFS as items in AGOL for others to use in the organisation. And as you provide users with the option this should ultimately also work 😉 

Thanks!

This is my service: geodienste.bfn.de/ogc/wfs/schutzgebiet_marin?SERVICE=WFS&Request=GetCapabilities

0 Kudos
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @Helga 

The bug was reported as resolved after the June 2023 update to ArcGIS Online, and I haven't seen the behaviour in my testing since.

I just tested your service and it doesn't seem like the behaviour falls under that BUG-000156736. If I add the Fauna_Flora_Habitat_Gebiete layer as a WFS item in my content, then open Map Viewer I am able to add that layer via the Add layer option

PeterHodkinson_0-1708696925904.png

It does look like there are projection issues happening though.

Where are you running into problems?

0 Kudos