Public Sharing for Story Map

Jump to solution
08-07-2015 06:27 AM
RusselQuan
New Contributor III

I have a Home Use license and would like to publish my story map.  I share it as Public on my site, but when someone goes to the URL, http://arcg.is/1HvnDCq, it requests a login.  How can I share it so that it does not require a log in?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't think your web map that is used in the story map is public. When I try to access the web map in the story map it is asking me to sign in. Also make sure all the layers in your map are set to public as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If your organization requires login and you are sharing the URL to your orgs story map it will prompt for login. If your story map is shared to Everyone and you share it with just arcgis.com URL and not referencing your org it will load without prompting.

0 Kudos
RusselQuan
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't think your web map that is used in the story map is public. When I try to access the web map in the story map it is asking me to sign in. Also make sure all the layers in your map are set to public as well.

0 Kudos
RusselQuan
New Contributor III

Russell,

I had to go back and share out the Tile Layer and Service Definition, in addition to the Web Map and Apps.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos