Publisher role in AGOL cannot share to Public

Jump to solution
03-30-2017 11:11 AM
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys,

I seem to be running on an issue with the python script I am running to update a hosted feature service in AGOL using a publisher account. My script (actually from Kevin Hibma) is configured to make the hosted feature service shared with org and public. But everytime I run it, my feature service is shared to org only. So I checked and logged in to AGOL using the publisher account and tried sharing but I can only see Org and no option for Public. I checked documentation and it says Publisher role can share to public. So I'm quite puzzled by this. Am I missing something? I use and admin account, I can share the item to public.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

According to Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ,

the following privilege is available to Administrators by default.

"Share content with public when organization does not allow members to share outside the organization".

Try to Configure security settings for Sharing and Searching.

Members can share content publicly—Keep this box checked to allow members to make their profile visible to everyone (public), share their web apps and other items with the public, or embed their maps or groups in websites.

If you uncheck this box, members will not be able to make their profile public, share their content publicly, or embed content in websites. Social media buttons are also disabled. As an administrator, you can share members' items with the public. You can also make a member's profile visible to everyone (public) so the member can be invited to groups outside the organization.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

According to Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ,

the following privilege is available to Administrators by default.

"Share content with public when organization does not allow members to share outside the organization".

Try to Configure security settings for Sharing and Searching.

Members can share content publicly—Keep this box checked to allow members to make their profile visible to everyone (public), share their web apps and other items with the public, or embed their maps or groups in websites.

If you uncheck this box, members will not be able to make their profile public, share their content publicly, or embed content in websites. Social media buttons are also disabled. As an administrator, you can share members' items with the public. You can also make a member's profile visible to everyone (public) so the member can be invited to groups outside the organization.

Think Location
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

yup that did the trick! Thanks Jayanta!