"Create List" not appearing for only one field feature layer

03-18-2021 10:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am creating lists on my feature layer to make data collection easy but there is one field where “Create List” is not showing as an option when all the other fields in the same feature layer have the “Create List" option. Any ideas why?

25 Replies
MarcusZwicker
New Contributor II

Bug still exists in 2023. This is not a good look.

Easy to get around once you know you're not crazy and it's just not working because it doesn't work.. but the 30 minutes you're wasting checking your work and figuring out you're not crazy is lame.

0 Kudos
ErikAIversen
New Contributor II

I just encountered this problem and neither solution worked for me (changing visualisation or display value). Had to create a new field and fill it with the existing values in order to add or remove list values. I can't delete the old field value either that I want to make changes to. This is the only field value with this problem. Utterly frustrating!

0 Kudos
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

it appears this is a repeated issue since 2021 but no updates have been made. We are currently experiencing this same issue and wondering if anyone was able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

Resolved! If your visualization settings are set to use that field for the symbology, it will not allow you to make edits to the domains. Once I removed the symbology from the visualization tab and changed to "show location only" the field I needed to make edits to suddenly gave me the option to edit. Hope this helps anyone who wasn't able to find a solution. 

jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

Simply changing the display to a single symbol on the visualization tab didn't work for me. I had to open the problem layer in the classic map viewer, open the manage editing templates menu, and save. I didn't change anything because the feature creation template was already set to a single symbol. I guess resaving the layer in the classic map viewer must have reset something somewhere.

0 Kudos
MichaelLoconte
New Contributor III

This is what resolved the issue for me. I have had the problem on a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 11.2. Tried all the tips previously mentioned in this thread.

Good find! ESRI can we fix this bug?

(edit... just to be clear, I had to first set visualization to a single symbol, and then go to map viewer classic --> manage templates--> save)

0 Kudos