Repair Layer Link in WebMap

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 09:00 AM
TomBell1
New Contributor III

I need to be able to fix a link between a WebMap and one of its layers.  The layer was moved to a new URL.  For comparison, in ArcMap, the Table of Contents for a layer with a broken link would simply have a red exclamation point and I could repair the link.  But in a WebMap, the layer with the broken link is entirely absent from the Table of Contents, so I can't fix the link.  If I just load the layer as a new layer from its new location, I will lose all the heavy pop-up customization that the existing WebMap layer has.  Any way to repair a layer link in a WebMap?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom, 

It's possible to change the URL of a layer in a web map using the ArcGIS Online Assistant tool using the option 'I want to...' > 'Update the URLs of Services in a Web Map' - ArcGIS Online Assistant

This is not a supported tool by Esri and I'd recommended testing it first on a test layer/webmap 

Carmel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom, 

It's possible to change the URL of a layer in a web map using the ArcGIS Online Assistant tool using the option 'I want to...' > 'Update the URLs of Services in a Web Map' - ArcGIS Online Assistant

This is not a supported tool by Esri and I'd recommended testing it first on a test layer/webmap 

Carmel