Request for custom sharing functionality in ArcGIS Online web applications

04-21-2023 09:52 AM
Labels (1)
ManuelLlano
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently working on a web mapping application using ArcGIS Online and would like to enable a custom sharing functionality for my visitors. I would like my visitors to be able to share their current view of the map, including the zoom level, location, and active layers, with others via a generated link or social media sharing.

While I understand that there is a built-in "Share" widget in the ArcGIS Experience Builder, it does not include the current zoom level, location, and active layers in the shared link. I'm looking for a solution that would automatically capture this information and include it in the generated link, so that others can view the exact same map configuration when they open the shared link.

I'm aware that this may require a custom solution using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, but I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone has already implemented such functionality or if there are any recommendations for how to achieve this. I would appreciate any guidance, examples, or resources that could help me implement this custom sharing functionality in my ArcGIS Online web application.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

You can create it with Map Viewer Classic and Web App Builder.  That share widget does exactly that.

R_

0 Kudos