Show Related Records in ArcGIS Online Popup

Jump to solution
09-22-2014 08:20 AM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have a 1 to M relationship class between a feature class and table.  I have published the feature class and related table to our organizations ArcServer and have created a web map using the map service.  I have configured the popup and it will show counts of the related records.  I have also added a chart of the related records in the popup.  My issue is with the 'Show Relate Records' link in the popup.  When clicking on the link, it shows the related table (with all rows, not just those related to the selected feature) in the split window below the map.  Ideally I would like the related table to be automatically filtered to show only those related rows that are associated with the feature that has been selected for the popup.  Is there anyway to link the map and the related table, so that selections in the map filter the related table?

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

This is a know issue for which a defect has been logged with a high severity. We have been seeing this when the total number of features in the related table is greater than 1100 records and participates in a 1-M relationship. Here is a link where you can track the status of this defect:

NIM104158 - 'Show Related Records' in ArcGIS Online map viewer..

Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

This is a know issue for which a defect has been logged with a high severity. We have been seeing this when the total number of features in the related table is greater than 1100 records and participates in a 1-M relationship. Here is a link where you can track the status of this defect:

NIM104158 - 'Show Related Records' in ArcGIS Online map viewer..

Thanks!

JakeMatthys

Thanks for the info Katie.  I will continue to monitor the bug status...

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys

Hello,

I stopped by to check the status of this bug and the link (http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMTA0MTU4) to bug NIM104158 no longer works.  Can someone provide an update and new link for future updates?  I tried searching for the bug on the support services site, but was unable to find any information.

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

This link still works for me. http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/TklNMTA0MTU4  Have you tried clearing the browser cache or tried in a different browser?

2014-10-15_14-31-33.jpg

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys

Thanks for the update.  The link just takes me through an endless loop of ESRI Support login screens

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jake, this is a comment on your link access problems, not to the actual thread.

it may be totally unrelated, but if you have different user names for you're AGOL and your support account, and you are using IE, it can go into an endless login loop.  It does for me anyway.  But works on Firefox.  just fyi.

JakeMatthys

Yes Rebecca,

My AGOL and support accounts are different usernames.  I get an endless loop of logins in both IE and Chrome.  I will try Firefox.  Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

Is this bug resolved? I can see my related records in a web map but the 'show related records' option is not available if you use your web map in a template. That functionality is needed.

BrianHaren1
New Contributor II

Not yet as far as I know.  I think the related table issue is more complex than ESRI initially thought.  We caught it (and opened a support ticket) a few weeks ago when we noticed both the Simple Map Viewer and the new Web App Builder (beta) interfaces were not reading up the related tables for both dynamic map services and feature services with less than 50 records.

Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

0 Kudos