Sign-in required on item shared via distributed collaboration

Jump to solution
11-17-2023 08:02 AM
Labels (1)
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I published a user-managed read-only feature layer to our Portal (ver 11.1), shared it with Everyone, and then added it to our Distributed Collaboration to share with our ArcGIS Online organization. When I open the Item page, I get a prompt to log in to Portal.

AmyRoust_2-1700236826697.png

How can I get rid of this Portal login requirement?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyRoust

I resolved this issue. Instead of being copied, the layer was shared to AGOL as a reference. So, when I opened the item page, it needed permission to access the data in Portal. I fixed it by setting the sharing level on both the Map Image Layer and the Feature Layer to Everyone and sharing both with the collaboration. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyRoust

I resolved this issue. Instead of being copied, the layer was shared to AGOL as a reference. So, when I opened the item page, it needed permission to access the data in Portal. I fixed it by setting the sharing level on both the Map Image Layer and the Feature Layer to Everyone and sharing both with the collaboration. 

iflores_swa
New Contributor

I had a similar use case as well,  where I was trying to share some data in SQL by reference using a Distributed Collaboration between my organization's internal Portal and AGOL. I could see the data if I were logged into Portal but external users would get the login prompt. I only had the Feature Layers shared in Portal and not the Map Image layers so as soon as I shared the Map Image Layers to Everyone and the DC workspace group, external users could see the data in my Experience Builder application. Many thanks for the solution!

0 Kudos