Small Integer Fields and Dashboard List Widget Advanced Formatting

03-12-2024 08:45 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a bug or limitation to the data types that can be used within Advanced Formatting of a list widget within Dashboards?

If I enable Advanced Formatting on a list widget in a dashboard and attempt to create a variable using a small integer field, none of my fields that are of a small integer data type are returned, they all throw an error as not being found.

These fields DO show in the data table view, as well as the available fields in the Line Item template.

In the screenshot below, you can see all small integer data type fields generate an error in Advanced Formatting.  They ARE available and display in the Line Item template, and ARE visible in the Data Table view.

mpboyle_0-1710258257385.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Tipping
New Contributor III

Hi - did you get anywhere with this issue? Looks like I'm in the same boat here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/dashboard-list-expression-fields-not-avail... 

David 😀

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Esri support confirmed the behavior and has logged it as a bug.

mpboyle_0-1711636105770.png

0 Kudos
David_Tipping
New Contributor III

So I got a solution from another contributor detailed in my post here: Solved: Re: Dashboard list expression - Fields not availab... - Esri Community

Love this community 👍 

David Tipping