Subtypes and default values don't work in online viewer

01-11-2012 11:05 AM
LauraMellem
New Contributor II
I have a feature service with subtypes and default values.  They are not functioning in arcgis.com viewer.  Subtype-related domains do not populate until after a feature subtype is edited and saved (and then only sometimes).  Default values are incorrect for all fields--defaults in viewer are just the first value in the domain.

This issue exists also with the arcgis app for iphone and has been discussed in this forum: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/34233-iPad2-iPhone-4-data-collection-crash-related-to-subtypes

Can this be addressed?

Thanks!:(
Tags (2)
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
So, this is the map you reference in the other thread...

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=64c8f5c7f3eb4972a17dcfe024ce4bbe&extent=-90.020...

Here's what I observed...

• Default values are appearing correctly when you add a new feature (lot or structure).

• When I change a feature from lot to structure, the available choices for Occupancy and Property condition don't update. This appears to be a bug.

• Are you further expecting that when you change a feature from Lot to Structure that the other fields will assume their default values?

Lastly, is this a test feature service? I added, then deleted features from it, so there are no permanent changes.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
LauraMellem
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,

Thanks for looking into this.  First, yes this is just a test service. 

The workflow I am developing will not include adding new features, but just editing the conditions of the existing features.  You're right that when you add a new feature, the subtypes, domains and defaults work.  But when I select an existing feature there is some strange behavior:

• If I edit an existing feature after adding a new feature, the defaults from the new feature's values fill the existing feature (ignoring the subtype category), so even if I select "Lot" for the existing feature, if the new feature I just created was a "structure," the domains and defaults for structure appear.

• If I start an editing session by editing an existing feature, no domains appear for fields related to subtypes.

• I would like to edit an existing feature where once I choose the subtype, the defaults are automatically populated, including if I am changing the subtype from lot to structure.  Does this make sense?

Hope this helps.  Thanks,
Laura
0 Kudos