Symbology and pop-up in feature service Visualization tab keeps resetting

02-06-2024 03:12 PM
TomReyes
New Contributor III

When i set up symbology and pop-ups for a feature service, it keeps resetting and losing all of my progress. This has happened to me multiple times, and I really do not know why it keeps doing this.

I have custom symbology along with very detailed pop-ups and arcade expressions that I need to be saved with the feature service. Multiple times now, I have lost all of this data and it resets to default.

This is a very active feature service that is used my many different users in Survey123, Field Maps, ArcPro, AGOL, etc, but nobody else would be editing the symbology. Does anybody know why this would be happening and prevent it in the future?

4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you make sure and Save your changes in the visualization tab?

RhettZufelt_0-1707321427158.png

If I make changes to popups and symbology in the visualization tab and save it, when I add the feature service to a map, it will honor the saved settings.

However, this saves the information to the HFS, and not to a map.  If you already have a map with that feature service (Survey123/FieldMaps/Etc.), changes made in the visualization tab will not be reflected as they have already been saved in the map.   Re-adding the feature service to the map should load it with the saved configuration, then any 'changes/overrides' will be saved in the map, not the layer.

So, make sure you save the changes in the visualization tab, then add that HFS to a new map and see if the changes 'stick'.

In case this help,

R_

0 Kudos
TomReyes
New Contributor III

I am able to save the changes successfully in the visualization tab, and it does carry over into any maps that I add the feature service to. The problem I have is that on multiple occasions, the symbology/popups/arcade expressions/charts/etc, all reset back to default and I just get red circles with blank popups. I am trying to find out what triggers this reset because it is a lot of work to keep rebuilding the popups.

0 Kudos
EKulack
New Contributor II

Exactly what OP described is happening to me. I configured and saved the symbology, labels, and pop-ups on my feature layer. Then successfully brought it into Pro with the applied changes and minutes later it reverts back to default symbology and labels. Oddly, the pop-up configuration changes stayed. It is frustrating as I thought it was groundhog day, thinking I had made these changes to this layer already months ago...

RBaxter
New Contributor

This is happening to me as well. Incredibly frustrating when I open my dashboard in a meeting and the symbology has reset back to it's original state.

0 Kudos