Thumbnail update fails

Jump to solution
03-18-2016 07:52 AM
JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

I created an organization map using AGOL.  It has the thumbnail automatically created for it.  I go to the details page, click on edit, and then on the thumbnail picture to change it.  It states the size should be 200 by 133 for best results with other sizes adjusted to fit.  The formats are png, gif, and jpeg.  My image is 200 by 127 pixels in jpg format.  I also tried JPEG for an extension type.  It will navigate to and find my image, but it doesn't seen to upload it because when you click OK, you get a circle with a slash through it.  What is the correct procedure to change a thumbnail?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Jan,

This is normal behavior. After you see the circle and slash, then click on Save and it should refresh to show you the thumbnail. If not, go out of this page and come back to it (after saving) and the thumbnail should appear there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Jan,

This is normal behavior. After you see the circle and slash, then click on Save and it should refresh to show you the thumbnail. If not, go out of this page and come back to it (after saving) and the thumbnail should appear there.

JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  I never would have got that with the circle and slash being present.  Now I have a proper thumbnail.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

No problem! It is rather strange behavior and not obvious at first (unfortunately). Just more fun intricacies of ArcGIS Online! 

0 Kudos