Time aware play button missing in IE

12-01-2016 03:47 PM
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

I have a time aware raster service embedded in a story map. It is working well, except for one small thing - if the story map is opened in Internet Explorer, the time slider play button does not appear. You can click on the area where the play button should live, and the animation will play, but the button is not visible. This is not the case when the story map is opened in Chrome, where the play button is visible. Any thoughts? Is this a bug in the time aware app, by chance?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to open this map and see the time slider on any machines that are outside of your network? Perhaps there are some security settings that might be causing this issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using IE 11 without compatibility mode and I am able to see the time slider:

0 Kudos
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

Strange! This is what it looks like on my machine (no play button):

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The part in yellow at the bottom "Some settings are managed by your system administrator" leads me to believe this issue is caused by one of the custom settings the Admin has put in place. I would be interested to see if you navigate to this application on a machine outside the network if you can see the play button.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The play button comes from an icon font - perhaps your org has untrusted fonts blocked? 

Block untrusted fonts in an enterprise (Windows 10) 

0 Kudos