Time slider settings changed after publishing Hosted Feature Layer from ArcMap

02-15-2018 12:12 AM
JK4
by
New Contributor

I'm trying to create an ArcGIS Online WebMap with a time slider on several layers from an ArcMap 10.5 project. 

After enabling time on selected layers and configuring the time settings (interval, extent), I share the map as a Hosted Feature Service to ArcGIS Online. Inspecting that Feature Service in a Web Map, the timeslider settings are not equal to those configured in ArcMap.

In ArcMap the interval is configured as 10 years, the extent from 1-1-2010 to 1-1-2050, both in the layers properties and time slider options.

time setting arcmap

However, after publishing, the resulting Web Map has 4 year intervals instead of 10 y.

slider arcgis online

After including the Web Map in a Web App, the Time Slider Widget also shows 4 y intervals instead of the expected 10 y. Is there a way to make sure the time slider settings are transferred properly from ArcMap to ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI JK,

This seems like a bug and I would suggest getting in contact with support services.

Is there data to 2050 in your dataset?

If you adjust the time slider settings in ArcGIS Online are you able to save them? 

Configure time settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

JK4
by
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes, there is some 2050 data in our dataset. Our current workaround is to fix the time slider settings in the WebMap (extent, interval and window), save the WebMap and add the WebMap to a Web Mapping Application. This will keep the extent and interval settings, but reset the time window (distance between two slider ticks) to 1 interval.

We will try geting in contact with support services.

Thanks!

JK

0 Kudos