Transferring ownership of a web map in arcgis.com

Jump to solution
03-30-2012 05:55 AM
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Hello,

Is it possible to transfer ownership of a web map I have created in arcgis.com to another user, or give others edit access to it? For example, if I want to set up a web map for someone unfamiliar with arcgis.com, but let them make tweaks going forward is there any way to accomplish that without sharing passwords / accounts?

On a related note, is it possible to have more than one person able to administer a group? We have some groups where one person created it but they want to let someone else be able to share the responsibility of inviting / accepting new members.

thanks for any help you can provide,

Jon
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JonFisher
New Contributor III
Thanks Mike, I am the admin but hadn't realized "move to" would work to change owners. It's a bit odd to me that for content I DON'T own I get a separate "change owner" button in addition to "move to" button. I'm attaching two screenshots, one showing my own content:[ATTACH=CONFIG]13147[/ATTACH]

one showing someone else's content:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13148[/ATTACH]

But it sounds like despite the different buttons "move to" should work the same way as "change owner".
0 Kudos
MattMerrifield
New Contributor II
Mike, Jon - on a similar note I just moved my group and maps to the TNC AG for orgs space (I'm the GIS manager for the TNC Calif. program) and now the mobile client on iOS is not finding my groups or maps, just hanging.  Is this a known issue?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I just moved my group and maps to the TNC AG for orgs space (I'm the GIS manager for the TNC Calif. program) and now the mobile client on iOS is not finding my groups or maps, just hanging. Is this a known issue?

Yes this is a known issue. The current version of the app in the app store does not fully support organizations with SSL enabled. This has been fixed and will be in the next release of the app.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
BrianLinton
New Contributor II

The way I found to do this is share your map with everyone.  Log into your other account. Search gallery for your map. Save a copy to your new account. 

et, viola.

BDL

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Saving as a new copy is a great way to move something. In fact, quite clever... yes! And would work perfectly, to duplicate.  But... if you have an app hardwire to a webmap ID that will not work. Now it would be really cool, if we could 'change' the webmap ID with AGOL assistant. To change it to what the old one's ID was, after we make the old one's ID some new arbitrary ID. So we could do this Save As trick, then rename the new one with the old one's webmap ID and thus same URL so the app would not need updating and keep on ticking. These are the kinds real world things that can use some more focus grouping.