Turn website link attribute into hyperlink

Jump to solution
11-29-2023 06:39 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an attribute (Obit URL) where we post links. I have configured to have my popup show this link however you cannot click on it. You have to copy and paste in order to view the link. Is there a way to make it act as a hyperlink and have it so people can click on it and it will pull up in another page. Configured the pop up in map viewer, but the application this will be viewed from is EXB. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Okay, yeah. When you want a link in a rich text popup to be a clickable link, you'll need to use an Arcade element.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/part-1-introducing-arcade-pop-up-con...

If you view the source on your current popup, you can copy and paste the entire thing into the Arcade editor for the output, then make adjustments from there.

Write the link portion like: <a href="{obit_url_field}">Obit Link</a>

And when the popup element is rendered, the link should work.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How are you formatting your URLs in the table, and how are they being brought into your popup?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Laura_1-1701272978727.png

Laura_0-1701272550405.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Okay, yeah. When you want a link in a rich text popup to be a clickable link, you'll need to use an Arcade element.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/part-1-introducing-arcade-pop-up-con...

If you view the source on your current popup, you can copy and paste the entire thing into the Arcade editor for the output, then make adjustments from there.

Write the link portion like: <a href="{obit_url_field}">Obit Link</a>

And when the popup element is rendered, the link should work.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos