Unable to add my layer

05-28-2010 03:21 AM
nabaz-gharib
Occasional Contributor
I add a layer package to may content but when I try to add it to the map the search show no result for my layer..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
FawnaNibert
New Contributor
I add a layer package to may content but when I try to add it to the map the search show no result for my layer..

I am having the same problem  but on my end.  and now that ESRI as changed the web site I can not even see the basemaps on the creating a map.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Presently, you can only add map services as layers to web maps. We're working on supporting layer packages and "web enabling" them so that they can be added over a web map.

Fawna - Are you having trouble clicking the Basemap button on the toolbar of the Map? Can you provide more details?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
davidraffenberg
New Contributor
Then put an asterisk or some note on the upload that these cannot be added yet.  I wasted time trying to do this.  I'll just go back to Google Maps.
0 Kudos
nabaz-gharib
Occasional Contributor
Presently, you can only add map services as layers to web maps. We're working on supporting layer packages and "web enabling" them so that they can be added over a web map.

Fawna - Are you having trouble clicking the Basemap button on the toolbar of the Map? Can you provide more details?

Thanks,

Mike

No I dont have a problem when I click on the Basemap button...my problem just I can't add layer package over a web map...
0 Kudos
kenbates
New Contributor II
I agree with the draffenb

Bernie Z...you said it was easy...just add stuff..i should have watched to see where all the content was coming from...

so why do we have an upload button ?....if all the content is coming from an ArcGIS server service?

if i were running ArcGIS Server full time i wouldn't need Arcgis.com?...

(next day update)...okay good nite's sleep i feel better...

so i guess the question is..."working on enabling layer packages "..

any time frame?...
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
As far as a time frame, there is no definite time frame set yet. However, this functionality is not on our current release schedule, so that's an indication of where we are. There are some technical issues we need to solve before we can release this--mainly involved with connecting our back end systems.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
NanAn
by
New Contributor
So...I guess I had the same question, but I want to make sure again. I added an layer package up to My Content, and I can really see that image. However, when I tried to create a map (a basemap with my image), I couldn't find my image and couldn't add it to make a map.

Mike, so this is what I can't do on ArcGIS.com right now, right?

Nan
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You understand correctly. You can't currently display your uploaded layer package on top of the ArcGIS.com viewer map...

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
KenBates1
New Contributor III
Painfully....

I betting there are a lot of users from the Conference who thought the same thing I did...

Go back, create local content and publish it via ArcGIS.com...
0 Kudos