Unable to change unique symbols

01-03-2014 01:48 PM
LisaStapleton
New Contributor III
During the last couple of days I haven't been able to change symbols for unique symbols using the AGOL interface. I select the symbol and click apply, nothing happens. Click done, nothing happens. Click cancel and it closes. So, it doesn't seem to be hung. I can change symbols for a Single Symbol but not unique symbols. I've tried with both Chrome and IE 10.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I'm not seeing this behavior. Is it only for a particular map or all maps? If it's a particular map, can you share it with everyone and post the URL

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
LisaStapleton
New Contributor III
I'm getting inconsistent results today. It works...then it doesn't. More disturbing is that sometimes when I change the symbols, the points actually MOVE. The only thing I can think of is that this data was georeferenced by lat/long. I usually use address. Otherwise, I'm completely puzzled by this.

Here's a url: http://bit.ly/1lyabGG

Try changing the Wednesday sample Day symbol to a flag. When I do this, all of the points move into the water!
Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
There is a known bug with the flag and pushpin type symbols, where the anchor point of the symbol is the bottom of the symbol, instead of the center. These symbols are not positioned correctly. The fix is scheduled for our next release in March. Until then, it's best to stick with symbols that are centered on their location (like circles).

I'm not sure why you can't change symbols at times. I'm not seeing this. Please let us know if you have a consistently reproducible case.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos