Unable to Create Offline Map Areas - UAT

11-05-2023 06:44 PM
Labels (1)
MoMahmoud
Esri Contributor

Hi, I'm using ArcGIS and have a feature layer and a web map set up in the UAT environment. 

The feature layer is a registered dataset on SDE with sync enabled. However, when I attempt to create offline map areas, the operation fails and returns an error message. The exact error message from ArcGIS Server is not provided in your description.

MoMahmoud_0-1699237828578.png

here are my settings, which work with other maps

MoMahmoud_1-1699237867142.png

MoMahmoud_2-1699237907598.png

MoMahmoud_3-1699237923797.png

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anne_F
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Are you adding the service directly to the web map? Or did you add it as an item in ArcGIS Online first?

If you only added it directly to the web map and not to ArcGIS Online first, I would suggest trying to add the connection to the service in your content before adding it to the web map to see if this will fix the problem.

See documentation on how to add the connection to your content: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/arcgis-server-services.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_05C40E817...

Best,

Anne

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @MoMahmoud 

First, I would check whether the basemap in your web map can be used to create Map Areas for offline use.  To do so, check whether you are able to create map areas from the webmap before you add any layers to it.  Once you are able to create map areas and are ready to add make sure that the layer from ArcGIS Server complies with the following: Prepare feature services for offline use.  

The following setting has worked for me in the past when using traditional versioning:
NWSchools_RegisterWhithoutArchiving.jpg

Enabling Archiving has also worked.

Hope the above is of help,

Miguel
0 Kudos