Unable to share items

Jump to solution
11-06-2023 10:19 AM
Charan
by
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I'm running into an issue when trying to share the hosted layer with the public. I get the following message: "Unable to share the following items: <<layer name>>". I'm the owner and administrator, so I'm not sure why this is occurring, also considering I have enabled anonymous access.

Could someone please help me fix this issue?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Charan

To try to narrow it down, it would help to have more information. Do you have a developer account? When do you see this message (Sharing a layer / Saving a map )? Can you take a screenshot of that message and/or the layer settings? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Charan

It sounds similar to this issue. There have been some changes to developer accounts with the latest update where you'll need to adjust some settings to authenticate the API key on publicly shared layers. Please see that issue for the solution. 

Best, Emily

View solution in original post

6 Replies
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Hi @Charan do you by chance have a developer account

0 Kudos
Charan
by
New Contributor III

Hi @bbollin yes I have a developer account

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Charan

To try to narrow it down, it would help to have more information. Do you have a developer account? When do you see this message (Sharing a layer / Saving a map )? Can you take a screenshot of that message and/or the layer settings? 

0 Kudos
Charan
by
New Contributor III

Hi @EmilyGeo I have a developer acc and I receive this issue when sharing a layer.Please see the following error message: 

Charan_0-1699366101563.png

0 Kudos
LenaOliver
New Contributor

Try contacting the developer? If not, please take a screenshot of the error and post it here.

scratch games

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Charan

It sounds similar to this issue. There have been some changes to developer accounts with the latest update where you'll need to adjust some settings to authenticate the API key on publicly shared layers. Please see that issue for the solution. 

Best, Emily