Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to share Publically

11-10-2023 03:02 AM
GHarris
New Contributor II

Good Morning,

I have been creating an application with AGOL using experience builder and created some dashboard to embed, as well as some data rom a survey. 

In the past i was able to click on share options and share these, but for some reason I can not to this with any of the data (a route line, some points and survey results). I tried a new survey and a previous survey (unsharring then re-sharing) and neither of these worked. 

I found a solution linking to API Keys but I have never had to use them and that was when writing in Java Script API etc...Is there a solution that is more comparable with me needs? 

Trouble shooting so far: I am n a Dev account and I have checked all organisational settings, and they seem good. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP

On the feature layers (or feature layer views) have you enabled the "Public Data Collection" setting?  This was introduced two or three releases ago I think, it's apparently to prevent accidentally making editable layers public.

0 Kudos
GHarris
New Contributor II

THnaks for the reply. 

Yes, all settings are the same. Interestingly, a feature I made public a few weeks ago (Maybe early October, Late September) I was able to make public at that time, I then made it private and tried to make it public again and have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
GHarris
New Contributor II

@bbollin  Thanks for the reply. 

I do have a developers account but there isn't much information on the help or above about this. I just want to share my items publically, without the need for coding etc.. 

I have tried a variety of ways of creating an API key but I currently do not have a default (as suggest in the above). Have you got any other material etc.. that shows how to just get an item shared publicly sine the new changes to the dev account? 

Kind Regards,

Gareth

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
GHarris
New Contributor II

HI @bbollin thanks for the reply. 

I can get an API key, but without scripting, where do I place it within the AGOL item?

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@GHarrisYou will need to add the following code into your app, not the item. This might give you a better understanding https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/mapping-apis-and-services/security/api-keys/

0 Kudos
GHarris
New Contributor II

@bbollin Thank you for the replies and sorry for the delay. 

I have looked through the documents you have sent and  I can't quite make sense of it all. 

I have created a Survey123 with results and a dashboard (using the appropriate app builders). The Dashboard utilises data from the Survey. That data is unable to be shared globally. Within the Dashboard (both Edit and the app page) I do not see anywhere to add code for the API or the Oauth2. 

Is there any kind of walk through as I do not imagine I am the first person to have this problem? 

Kind Regards,

Gareth 

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

@AlanCassidyI noticed you responded to a similar post here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-platform-developers-ques/sharing-app-and-map-content-with-publi...

Would you be able to assist Gareth with his inquiries above? I have limited knowledge in the developer accounts space 🙂

0 Kudos