Uploading and publishing large geodatabase with attachments - Error/Taking forever?

04-30-2021 07:22 AM
Labels (2)
GeorgeAndrews
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm having issues uploading and publishing a geodatabase with attachments to AGOL. The data was originally created in AGOL, with attachments enabled, and after field data collection it totaled four thousand point features with 3.8 GB of photo attachments. It functioned flawlessly.

Next, I exported the data as a file geodatabase, downloaded it, and made a copy (keeping the original as a backup). Both the original and the copy work without issue in ArcGIS Pro. I cleaned up and performed some minor edits on the newer version, and uploaded it back as a zipped .gdb to AGOL. It has been stuck on "Creating Service" for 24hrs now, and previous results have given me "there was an error", with no clear cause. I've also tried sharing this data as a map in Pro, that has also resulted in a non-descript error.

Is the file size too large to re-upload even though the data functions fine in Pro, and the un-exported dataset also works fine in AGOL? Any tips or tricks to fixing this?

My backup plan is uploading the .gdb without attachments, preserving the IDs, and re-adding those attachments to an exported .gdb at a future date.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adamwhite001
New Contributor

@GeorgeAndrews wrote:

Hello,

I'm having issues uploading and publishing a geodatabase with attachments to AGOL. The data was originally created in AGOL, with attachments enabled, and after field data collection it totaled four thousand point features with 3.8 GB of photo attachments. It functioned flawlessly.

Next, I exported the data as a file geodatabase, downloaded it, and made a copy (keeping the original as a backup). Both the original and the copy work without issue in ArcGIS Pro. I cleaned up and performed some minor edits on the newer version, and uploaded it back as a zipped .gdb to AGOL. It has been stuck on "Creating Service" for 24hrs now, and previous results have given me "there was an error", with no clear cause. I've also tried sharing this data as a map in Pro, that has also resulted in a non-descript error.

Is the file size too large to re-upload even though the data functions fine in Pro, and the un-exported dataset also works fine in AGOL? Any tips or tricks to fixing this?

My backup plan is uploading the .gdb without attachments, preserving the IDs, and re-adding those attachments to an exported .gdb at a future date.

Thanks!

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000015786

look at this article this is the solution

0 Kudos
andrewwillison
New Contributor

Uploading and publishing large geodatabases with attachments can result in errors or extended upload times, often due to file size, network connectivity, or server limitations. To address this, consider breaking down the geodatabase into smaller parts, optimizing attachments, and ensuring the data aligns with platform specifications. A stable, high-speed internet connection is essential for smoother uploads.

In the case of extended upload times or errors, closely monitor the process and maintain patience. Solutions include refreshing the upload, clearing the cache and cookies, or trying a different browser. Check the platform's documentation or seek support for tailored troubleshooting steps. For further information, read the article at  support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000015786

0 Kudos