URL parameters to display pre-sorted feature layer table?

06-08-2023 08:01 AM
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hello Community,

I have embedded the table view of a feature layer in a Dashboard (using the Embedded Content element), and would like to have the table display with a particular field sorted in descending order. I've tried playing around with the URL in the standalone table view, but can't get the intended result.

As an example, let's say I'd like to present the table view of this Seabird Nesting Islands layer with the ISLAND ID (ISLANDID) field sorted in descending order. The URL below doesn't seem to do anything, and I'd love some insight.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=18042bb789b14f428a07a27ccd566319&view=table&sortOrder=desc&... 

Thanks,
Derek

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@DerekMStrout Can you just add a table element to the dashboard and then sort by a field?  Make sure the feature layer is in the webmap, of course...

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

@ArmstKP I got excited for a minute, but then I realized I left out a key goal: Letting the user edit the table (when a value is entered in a field, it satisfies a filter and a badge is placed on the map). I know dashboards are designed to be used as a view-only resource, but at least having the option to enable editing on individual elements like Table would be great. Thanks for giving this some thought!

Note: Edit capability in ArcGIS Dashboards is currently the #7 most-kudoed Idea.

Update: This is a good excuse to get more familiar with Experience Builder, and I am currently rebuilding the dashboard with the ExB Monitor template with some promising results. The Edit widget is set up for attributes only, and is being driven by the List widget. Updates to the particular attribute are reflected immediately on the map, which is actually an improvement over editing the embedded data table in ArcGIS Dashboards, which requires a refresh to see changes.

0 Kudos