Web App Builder Map labelling layers twice in legend/layer list

05-11-2023 01:34 AM
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Hi

I am (trying) to create a storymap story with an interactive map included.  To do this I have used web app builder but I have a couple of questions - please see the image attached.

For some reason my two layers are duplicated in the legend/layer list.  Is there a way to just show the title of each layer once?

Secondly, the person who I am doing this for has asked if it is possible to remove the very top bar with the "with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder" on it?  I dont think this bits possible or it may only be showing in this preview state. Thank you!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use a different theme that doesn't have a header. The Billboard Theme has the same look as the Foldable Theme that you appear to be using, but without the header.

foldable.png

billboard.png

I've found the type of layer you're adding to your web map can give this multiple entry look, like if you add a Map Service without the layer number. How did you add the services?

0 Kudos
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Hi Ken - I spoke to my colleague.  Is it possible for you to explain on what you mean by "adding a map service without the layer number?" Thanks!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's adding a layer as "https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Notes/MapServer" instead of "https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Notes/MapServer/0". This is what adding both of those versions looks like in a Map. Because of limitations with JS 3.x as used in Map Viewer classic, the layers added without the layer number in the url will always be placed below layers with the layer number.

layers.png

0 Kudos
SimonLaughton
New Contributor III

Brill, thank you Ken for the advice on the templates - that has done the job for that bit.

My IT man helped me with adding layers so i'll need to defer to him I expect, but if it helps I sent him an mxd with the layers/symbology and he then publishes the layers to our service (public facing server) and I can then "Add" in the layers to my Web Map.  I will see if I can get a screen shot that may help further but in order to do that i need to sign out of the account I use for these community boards and back into my colleagues account with the web map is! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos