webapp popup box

03-13-2024 08:52 AM
temprobertcottreau131313
Occasional Contributor II

When I click on the layer in the webmap associated with the webapp, the popup shows correctly with the renamed layer name as the popup box title rather than the feature class layer name.

However, in the webapp, the feature class name shows as the title of the popup.

What's the problem here?

Thanks to all.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share the map and provide info on which app you are using?

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

I don't know what you mean by share the map.  Like the AGOL map?

This is the popup box in my web map:

temprobertcottreau131313_0-1710356194686.png

This is the popup box in my web mapping application created with WebApp Builder:

temprobertcottreau131313_1-1710356307465.png

I created the web map in Map Viewer Classic because I need to use HTML code.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

Yes, if possible could you send a link to your web map? I can take a quick look but I think I understand the reason you are seeing what you see..  HTML is supported in Map Viewer. This blog needs a bit of an update, but this section covers HTML use: 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/configure-pop-ups-basics/#html 

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

According to that blog, it looks like I am doing everything correctly but I'm still getting a different result in the map than in the application.

Here's a link to my webmap:

Webmap 

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

I'm unable to open the map, it seems it's not public. But I also see you are using portal, so depending on what version you are using there may be some differences from what I see in ArcGIS Online and what you see. Perhaps in lieu of the map you can send a snapshot of your pop-up as configured in Map Viewer Classic? I'm interested in seeing how you have configured the pop-up title.

BernSzukalski_0-1710361312658.png

I tried several configurations in the pop-up title and was always able to have an exact match between Map Viewer Classic and Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

it seems I've been referencing the wrong map.  getting that right is a different problem

0 Kudos