What's the best way to have multiple hyperlinks per feature?

01-11-2021 12:09 PM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I'd like to create a point feature class where each point may have one or more web hyperlinks associated with it.  I'm thinking something similar to how attachments work, but instead of actual photos, docs, etc... I just want the user to be able t click the point in the web map and then, in the popup, have the typical field values (attributes) but then be able to click one or more hyperlinks associated with that feature.  

To make this happen, I have a spreadsheet with lat/longs for the points and associated fields... but then I have another spreadsheet that has the "featue ID" (which is also in the first spreadsheet) and then a column with hyperlink strings.  There may be multiple rows with the same feature ID but a different hyperlink. 

I want to be able to bring in both sheets as a point feature class that allows the user to click the popup and see (and be able to click) the multiple hyperlinks for that feature.

Can the "attachment" functionality do this?  Do I need to do a feature class and a relationship class?  Would that work well in a web map?

Thanks much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to get this working pretty well but not great using relationship class for the points and related table.  It's not all that end-user-intuitive though.  If you click a point, there's a link at the bottom that says, "show related records".  When you click that it opens the related records table.  That's all fine and dandy for us techy types but for anyone else (many of my end users), that wording is obfuscating.   Would be so nice if esri would allow us in the pop-up configuration to modify that wording to something case specific like "Documents for this septic permit". 

Anyway, here's a link to the web map.  Click a point and see the attributes for the point itself, and a "show related records" link that opens the related record table view.

https://larimer.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=f647d06d5bd3464390934497ac376c86

0 Kudos