WMTS connection error

Jump to solution
12-03-2023 11:34 PM
Berth68
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a WMTS connection in Arcgis online with https://map.data.amsterdam.nl/service?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMTS 

In Arcgis Pro it works fine and in the Browser it look normal but with Arcgis Online I get: Service does not exits or is inaccessible.  What can be the cause of this or how can I debug this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Berth68
New Contributor II

I got some help from esri support. Apperently the WMTS URL was added as a trusted server in the security settings. For a service with no authentication this will not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @Berth68 

I have tested the service in ArcGIS Online, and when I add the URL as an item, it allows me to go through and add a service. This might be an issue with your browser or connection.

Can you try adding it as an item in an incognito browser? If that doesn't work, can you try doing this on a different network (e.g. your home wifi if you normally do this in the office)?

I hope that helps!

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos
Berth68
New Contributor II

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for testing. I've tried it with different networks and (incognito) browsers but still no luck.

Maybe I'm overlooking something:

wmtsfout.jpg

0 Kudos
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @Berth68 

How odd! I have done some further testing to make sure that it worked in different configurations. I tested this with an ArcGIS Online organisation account, a Developer account and a Public account, all of which worked without issue, product the images below:

LeslieUK_0-1701882487612.png

LeslieUK_1-1701882523355.png

My guess would be your machines firewall or antivirus that might be stopping the connection to the service?

I would test turning them off temporarily and attempting adding it to see if that is causing the issue.

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos
Berth68
New Contributor II

Hi Leslie, 

Thanks voor trying. A colleague of mine also tested the WMTS connection with a Developer account and that worked as well. So the conclusion is that this has something to do with the configuration in our Esri Online portal. The big question is what? I've added WMTS connections before and that worked fine. So why not this one?

0 Kudos
Berth68
New Contributor II

I got some help from esri support. Apperently the WMTS URL was added as a trusted server in the security settings. For a service with no authentication this will not work.

0 Kudos
OTIOSINFOR
New Contributor

Hi Berth68, could you give me more details to solve it?

0 Kudos