World Imagery service - Canadian imagery weirdly purple

01-21-2013 03:03 PM
HarryBowman
New Contributor III
Near Saskatoon, SK, I am finding that zooming into the World Imagery service is getting me images that are mostly black and purple, as if they were negative images or something.

Does anyone know what is going on with these? Do others see this?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Harry,

That is true. I confirm that there are purple buildings and blocks on the Imagery.

One thing to mention though is that there are images over the area that come from different seasons - white&black images were gathered during the winter time hence white color of snow. But I guess you've already figured it out.
0 Kudos
HarryBowman
New Contributor III
Hi Harry,

That is true. I confirm that there are purple buildings and blocks on the Imagery.

One thing to mention though is that there are images over the area that come from different seasons - white&black images were gathered during the winter time hence white color of snow. But I guess you've already figured it out.

Thanks, Alexsey.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Thank you for reporting this problem. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ToddBarker
New Contributor
Thank you for reporting this problem. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike and Alexey,

I also encountered what I think is related to the above. I included the code as to make sure I had done things correctly.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/101937-Zooming-not-working-on-World-Imagery-Map
0 Kudos
ToddBarker
New Contributor
Mike and Alexey,

I also encountered what I think is related to the above. I included the code as to make sure I had done things correctly.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/101937-Zooming-not-working-on-World-Imagery-Map

My issue has been resolved. The black and purple boxes were due to the wrong spatial reference.
0 Kudos