Hide Active Record

10-05-2021 09:53 AM
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

We have the "Show Only Active" option and it's super useful, but having the inverse available would be just as helpful. I used to use the unjoin/rejoin tasks in the ArcMap parcel fabric for this exact operation, but that functionality is gone now. 

7 Comments
jcarlson

I've never used the ArcMap fabric. What would a workflow look like in which "Hide Active Record" is used?

anna_garrett

@jcarlson, for example just now I'm halfway done drawing in a new subdivision and haven't aligned anything yet. I stopped to set all the affected tax parcels historic before continuing and really wished I could have just unjoined my subdivision & lot polygons for a minute to clean up. Why not clean up beforehand? Because there's been a few times where the person who set up the new subdivision may have missed or added a parent parcel in error.

jcarlson

What does "unjoin" do?

anna_garrett

@jcarlson, sorry! Unjoin would just move the selected parcel to a purgatory kind of space where it would still exist in the fabric (you could see it as a zero area polygon in the attribute table) but not be visible in the display. It was wonky and didn't always work well, but it was useful when it did work.

FrankConkling

Anna,

If this situation happens often, one suggestion would be to use a construction layer and build the new information in that layer prior to activating a record.  That layer can be turned off and not displayed while making any adjustments. One can then use the "Copy Lines To" function to the parcel type and build after any adjustments are performed to the existing data.

Frank Conkling - Panda Consulting

anna_garrett

@FrankConkling that is my least favorite method. I'm at the point where I avoid using that tool. our parcels are 99.9999% constructed by metes and bounds descriptions so using the Copy Lines To function doesn't work quite right for that. 

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Under Consideration