Build Parcel Fabric on Feature Service returns Error 000952

Jump to solution
08-01-2023 10:53 AM
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I successfully published a Parcel fabric feature service to our portal.  After publishing the fabric, I tried to run the geoprocessing tool Build Parcel Fabric.  I'm getting the following error returned.

ERROR 000952: Failed to execute (Not running inside a server process.).

Can anyone provide me with some suggestions before I move on to opening a case with ESRI.

Geodatabase is SQL 2019

AGE is ver. 11

Parcel Fabric is ver. 5

ArcGIS Pro is ver. 3.1.2

Thanks,

Robert.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Word from ESRI is this issue will be fixed in the 3.2 release.

Robert.

View solution in original post

JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello @RobertChaney 

The fix is in 🙂

Just an FYI when we ran build after the fix it ran for 2 hours and it failed again.  It was a server time out.  You will just have to verify that on the server side that the time out time is increased from the 7200 seconds default

JasonCamerano_0-1693436830545.png

Once this was updated to about 3 hours it succeeded after 2hr and 37min

-Jason

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

**UPDATE**

I copied the parcel fabric and associated data into a new sql geodatabase and published a new service, then ran the Build Parcel Fabric and got the same error message.  However, when copying this parcel fabric into a fgdb and running the Build Parcel Fabric, it was successful.

I did open a case with ESRI.  So, we'll see what they come up with.

Robert.

JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hey Robert,

Thanks for opening a case.  Once support triages this we will take a look at it. 

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Here's an update from ESRI. 

They suspect it's probably due to a geometry issue with the data.  Since the Build Parcel Fabric tool was able to run successfully on the data in a fgdb but, the Build Parcel Fabric tool was unable to run on the same data in a sql enterprise geodatabase published to a feature service.  ESRI has determined it to be a Bug.

(BUG-000160564: The Build Parcel Fabric tool returns Error 999999 and Error 000952.

The current status of this bug is 'In Product Plan', which means the issue has been added to the development team's backlog. The goal for issues with this status is to address them in a near-term release (next release or two).

Alternate Solution:  

Run the Build Parcel Fabric tool against the same parcel fabric in a file geodatabase.

A follow up on my end.  I took the data in the fgdb that I was able to run the Build Parcel Fabric tool on and copied it into a sql geodatabse, then published the parcel fabric as a feature service and have not seen any issues editing the feature service.

Robert.

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Word from ESRI is this issue will be fixed in the 3.2 release.

Robert.

JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello @RobertChaney 

The fix is in 🙂

Just an FYI when we ran build after the fix it ran for 2 hours and it failed again.  It was a server time out.  You will just have to verify that on the server side that the time out time is increased from the 7200 seconds default

JasonCamerano_0-1693436830545.png

Once this was updated to about 3 hours it succeeded after 2hr and 37min

-Jason

RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jason for the update.

0 Kudos