Double arcs in parcel fabrics

09-01-2020 08:57 AM
Labels (3)
OlyPowers
New Contributor III

I'll admit I'm still new to parcel fabrics.

I've taken over our city's parcel maintenance, and I've come across this several times now but this is the first occasion where it's a problem.

The parcel in question appears to have an incorrect arc. While in the parcel details screen, two arcs appear in the lines table. When I select the line from the table, the correct arc is highlighted. I cannot find the row that corresponds to the other line in the table. When the parcel details is closed, the correct line disappears and the incorrect arc remains.

I have no idea where to even being fixing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oly

0 Kudos
3 Replies
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

I've come across this before and I don't have a good solution other than to redraw the parcel from the original metes and bounds/survey/plat. It might be that the parcel wasn't drawn correctly before it was imported into a parcel fabric. 

JonathanWalker
New Contributor II

Are you using Desktop or Pro? Parcel fabric is so much easier to edit in Pro. We have a LOT of parcels that were incorrect before they were imported, I could spend years trying to fix them all. I do a lot of splitting, merging and editing vertices when I'm trying to fix parcels and lines.

OlyPowers
New Contributor III

This is still in ArcMap. But I'm definitely willing to give it a shot in Pro. I ended up just redrawing those parcels from scratch, but I'd prefer to not do that again.

0 Kudos