arcgisscripting and arcpy object model diagrams

08-17-2010 09:00 AM
Labels (1)
NathanWarmerdam
New Contributor III

For python scripters, the most useful piece of documentation at 9.x was the Geoprocessing Programming Model (seen here: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/pdf/Geoprocessor_93.pdf).  This is extraordinarily useful because it presents the whole of arcgisscripting concisely on a single page.

In the documentation for 10.0, this item cannot be found for arcgisscripting or arcpy.  Can you please add this?

68 Comments
WilliamKinzie
I need the geoprocessor model diragram for 10, it is a necessary tool!!!!
TaoLi1
by
yeah bump
no body wants to read the man
LindseyKnapp
 I am trying to learn python for GIS and it would be extremely helpful to have.
ChuckStelzner
How about just giving Python full ArcObjects access? That would solve a few problems.
MartinRick
Definetly! A full ArcObjects access would be great for Python! Can remember so many cases when I reached the limits of the Python API for ArcGIS scripting!
AndyRitchie
 I would also really like to see Full ArcObject access.
CarolMckee
I really miss this documentation as I am fairly new to python, and used it extensively in the python course based on 9.3
KathSund
 I teach the Intro to Python course, and everyone relies  on the OMD (9.3.1) , and I expect the version 10 course participants will expect the same... a useful takeaway from the course.... and even if large, people could purchase a small book/guide etc.
BrianGelder
Ditto
AlperALTINOK

An empty A3 sized space on my wall is waiting for this poster !!!