Deselect features from Table of Contents selection tab in ArcGIS Pro

07-25-2017 10:18 PM
Labels (1)
kerwintalbot1
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS for desktop we can deselect features from particular layers in the event that we inadvertently select features from multiple layers - it would be nice to see that functionality return in ArcGIS Pro. 

26 Comments
JoFlo
by

Long time ArcMap user... and trying to transition to working fully in Pro.  I echo the above comments.  The ability to quickly de-select features from the Selection Pane was so efficient.  Not incorporating basic functionality like this from ArcMap makes the transition to Pro all the more frustrating.  PLEASE save users some frustration and a bunch of clicks and bring this functionality forward to Pro.  Thank you. 

KenW
by

Just stumbled upon this issue as well and were in 2022 still waiting for this improvement? I am running 2.9.3 . Like JoFlo I am trying to transition to fully to Pro and I cant say it any better than they did. Making the transition to Pro has been very frustrating especially for database management of large environments. But to echo above putting basic/logical quality of life improvements that ArcMap has already and Pro doesn't and makes it an extra 5 to 10 steps doesn't bode well for people to move from ArcMap especially when ESRI chest beats ArcGIS Pro everywhere states its way better than ArcMap.  Lastly putting a comment here to keep this request alive and that it is needed. 

KoryKramer

Thank you for the comment @KenW   I took a look and it doesn't appear that you added your kudos to the idea. While comments are important, kudos (the number of votes) that an idea receives is one of the primary pieces of data that we use to determine traction and trends as we monitor idea activity over time.

Please see https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas for a high level overview of how ArcGIS Ideas works. For more details, see Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas 

Thank you for your participation in the community and for helping us prioritize future development efforts for ArcGIS Pro.

KenW
by

@KoryKramer I have added my Kudos and from my other personal account as well. 

KoryKramer

Thanks @KenW !

ZFFEC
by

I can't agree more with the comments in this thread. The TOC in Pro is a real efficiency killer compared to how it worked in Desktop. In Desktop when I have a map used for editing with numerous layers, I always have the TOC set to List by Selection. In that view I can toggle visibility, selectability, and clear selection sets from specific layers right in one panel view. 

GIS_Carmen

Yes please!!! @ZFFEC THIS!!! ESRI, please fix this! Also, in Pro, when you have features selected, you can't see how many unless you expand the TOC window. In Desktop, it would just hide that part of the layer name that didn't fit and keep the "selectable, clear, and count" column fixed. For those of us doing a lot of editing of multiple layers on the daily, this is a real drawback in wanting to move to Pro.

CathyAppleton

Yes, I speak for several editors who will be going to Parcel Fabric in Pro from Arcmap and this is something they have relied on in Arcmap.   Why Pro doesn't have this functionality is a backward step, not forward.   Please push to have in next Pro upgrade!!!!

CathyAppleton

Hi, is there a way to see status update on this request?      I also would like to see this done ASAP.

TanuHoque
Status changed to: In Product Plan