Link between Map and Layout Windows to Simultaneously Pan in ArcGIS Pro

05-15-2015 10:38 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be very convienient to be able to simultaneously move in both the map and the layout windows in ArcGIS Pro just like you can between two maps (such as your 2D/3D maps). That way, I do not have to make a new layout map from my map window every time I move to a different area in my map window. 

22 Comments
NAOMIPAUL

It's definitely a serious omission from the ESRI ArcGIS Pro team. This has been part of the ArcGIS Desktop environment for the past 19 years, and deeply integrated in users workflows. Even with multiple map frames are in a layout. One may need to edit, perform other analysis, symbolize, etc before printing. Which is done in the Map window (not layout).If it isn't automatic, there should be a sync option made available on the Layout ribbon. 

It is a hindrance in moving from ArcMap to Pro (one of many). 

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 brings a new context menu button, Zoom to Last Active Map.  See that What's New help topic, Layouts section.

AubriKinghorn_0-1637265162802.png

Since Pro allows multiple layouts, there is a lot of added complexity in this type of design that was not necessary in ArcMap where there is only a single layout, so we can't sync the map and layout precisely. However, this button should help accomplish the scenarios.