Remember last positioned window locations and size in ArcGIS Pro.

03-31-2021 09:13 AM
Labels (1)
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

It would be great if Pro remembered window placement and size according to the last position/size configured. For example, when I open the Options menu in the Pro project, the window always reverts to a default size and location. I have to then resize or position the window every time to my liking. This is frustrating enough with the Options window but even more frustrating with windows such as the Editor Settings window where I go back and forth to configure the Field Mapping setting. I have to adjust the position and resize every single time I open this window to see the entire field list and or expression.

I know there is currently functionality in Pro to remember attribute table location and configuration but a simple setting to allow this functionality with all windows/panes would go a long way.

Tags (2)
35 Comments
Michele

@KoryKramerThanks Kory!!  I guess I didn't realize there were 3 pages of comments in this thread or I would've seen that it's 3.1.  I really am only having an issue with the width of the layer properties window.  I hope this is fixed in that version.  Have to get my IT dept to update us to 3.1 which should take about 6 months 🙄

KoryKramer

@Michele 👍 Note that ArcGIS Pro 3.2 is scheduled to be available in late October/early November. If it takes so long to get an update installed, maybe make sure you get 3.2 installed? 🙂

Michele

@KoryKramer  I wish it was that easy.  For some reason we are always at least 6 months behind.  I have no idea why, but I won't see all of the great stuff I heard about at the UC coming in 3.2 at least until next spring. ☹️

Bud
by

@Michele 

On a side note, regarding:

I guess I didn't realize there were 3 pages of comments in this thread or I would've seen that it's 3.1.

I've submitted a related idea here: Page navigation buttons further up on page.
Feel free to upvote!