Table editing - Ctrl+D to copy from cell above

12-07-2022 01:47 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Implement support for Ctrl+D shortcut to copy value from cell above.

E.g. if I pressed Ctrl+D with this cell selected, populate with 2022-12. This is the shortcut used in programs like Excel, Google Sheets Paradox, etc.

rburke_0-1670449569338.png

4 Comments
Bud
by

Is the thought: while ctrl+c , down arrow, and ctrl+v works, it would be helpful to use the industry standard of ctrl+d, for consistency between applications. And also, ctrl+d is more efficient (one keyboard action vs three)?

wayfaringrob

@Bud  yeah, I constantly find myself trying to Ctrl+D. It's so much more efficient.

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Well, I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about this now that you've brought it up. The development team likes this idea, we'll make it happen.

Thanks!

Alycia

wayfaringrob

@AlyciaRajendran_esri  great! while we're on the topic, I was thinking about this recently - since Pro added keyboard shortcuts to the right click menu, I found out Ctrl+D is a shortcut for delete in other places, which is not the most intuitive when most Windows keyboards also have a 'Delete' key (which I believe also works in these cases). I don't know if it'd be feasible or desirable to reassign delete to the 'Delete' key in those places, but it might be a good idea for consistency as delete and duplicate are very different things!