Would Esri add the Explore button to the Edit tab? Then I wouldn't need to go back and forth to move my map around.

02-21-2024 11:42 AM
Labels (1)
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

I'd love to see Esri add the Explore button to the Edit ribbon

There would be two of the same button inside ArcGIS Pro;

• 1 on the Map ribbon
  • 1 on the Edit ribbon   

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1708543396790.png

Could you ALSO make a macro so that holding the space bar will active the Explore tool? This is how PhotoShop works, and I love it. 

6 Comments
SSWoodward

@MichelleWilliamsERM, A solution for this might be the quick access toolbar.

If you right click the explore tool, you can add it to the quick access toolbar and it will be present regardless of the currently active ribbon.  In the image, I've already added it to the quick access toolbar so the option is greyed out.  You can see the explore tool highlighted along the top of the image. 

SSWoodward_0-1708544793064.png

AlyciaRajendran_esri

The keyboard shortcut for activating the Explore tool when an editing tool is enabled should be "C". That may help too!

In 3.2, you should be able to map this shortcut to the Spacebar. You can get to this dialog by using F12:

AlyciaRajendran_esri_0-1708546101101.png

- Alycia

JosphatMutunga

Thanks @MichelleWilliamsERM for your post. I'd also like to add that at ArcGIS Pro 3.1 release, we added an option to choose either Explore or Select as the default tool when you exit out of an active editing tool. You can find this on the Options dialog, Editing settings under the General subgroup. 

JosphatMutunga_0-1709135899454.png

If the Explore tool is selected as the default tool, you can easily switch from an active edit tool to Explore by pressing Esc key on your keyboard. 

See Choose the default tool for editing for more information. 

I hope this helps.

JosphatMutunga
Status changed to: Already Offered

MichelleWilliamsERM

Thank you, @SSWoodward  and everyone else; I chose this option. 

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1709597319789.png

@JosphatMutunga We went to school together, thanks for your comment. 

SSWoodward

Glad to be of help!