A datum transformation cannot be found. The data may draw with an offset.

07-26-2022 08:11 AM
Labels (3)
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, 

I recently updated ArcGIS Pro and now I'm having issues with one of my projects. The data is drawing with an offset since it was updated. I've tried to fix it, but I'm unable to change the transformation. I've attached an image of what the map properties say. I need it to be in NAD 1983 and UTM Zone 13N. 

Please let me know the best way to fix this, as I believe I'll have to fix it with all my other projects I started before the update. 

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would compare the proj strings for WGS84(DD) and WGS84

Since your data is defined in that way, ArcGIS can't find an appropriate transformation.

I'm guessing one of two things:

1. Your WGS84(DD) data is simply mislabeled as that GCS. Use the define tool to re-define the GCS to the proper WGS84.

2. Your data is actually WGS84(DD) (seems unlikely), and you've had some unknown level of error in your project.

In any case I'd thoroughly test the output. Hidden datum issues can get you into trouble depending on your accuracy needs.

0 Kudos
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

Is there any way I can redefine the entire map? Or do I have to go through each layer one by one?

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Certainly make a backup copy of everything, and then go one by one or use the batch tool.

It might be worth re-defining some key feature classes first to visually inspect.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please post a screenshot or copy what it says under Source > Spatial Reference for a layer with this issue? I'm not even seeing that GCS in ESRI's coordinate reference handbook.

0 Kudos
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

CarbonAmerica_0-1658854831469.png

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

I tried to define the projection, and nothing changed. Still have the same issue

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
JLi
by
New Contributor II

Have you tried Batch Project? For map PCS, do not transform, just change it in the Map Properties: Map, Coordinate Systems.

0 Kudos