Accidentally closed layout tab - how do I reopen?

Jump to solution
04-02-2024 02:15 PM
Labels (1)
TimothyFratta
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have read how to reopen map tabs from the Catalog Pane, but cannot figure out how to reopen a Layout tab accidentally closed.

How is this done?

Thanks everyone!

Tim

Running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.3 on PC.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Layouts are only found in the Layout folder in the Catalog pane. I've not run across situations where layouts (and the folder) disappear for a project that has a layout in it. The only time you should NOT see the Layout folder is when the project does not contain a layout.

Sounds like you are running into a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

In the meantime you might consider copying the maps/layouts from the "troubled" project to a new one and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks, 

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tim, 

You should be able to reopen the layout the same way you reopen a map. In the Catalog pane you should see a node "Layouts" a few items below "Maps". Expand "Layouts" and double click the layout you want to see.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

TimothyFratta
New Contributor III

Hi Tom,

In fact, I could not find the layout in the Catalog pane and resorted to closing the project without saving the latest changes and reopening it. The layout reappeared.

But, that was a brutal solution and not what I would want to do in the future. Could my layout be in another folder in the Catalog that I did not see? Is there any way to search for it?

Thanks Tom.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Layouts are only found in the Layout folder in the Catalog pane. I've not run across situations where layouts (and the folder) disappear for a project that has a layout in it. The only time you should NOT see the Layout folder is when the project does not contain a layout.

Sounds like you are running into a bug. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

In the meantime you might consider copying the maps/layouts from the "troubled" project to a new one and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
TimothyFratta
New Contributor III

Thank you Tom, I have now found it.

0 Kudos