Age Population from Point shapefile? ArcGIS Pro Enrich/Buffer?

12-06-2023 09:31 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online. I have a question regarding the point shapefile transit stop in city boundary.

Someone wants to see a GIS Map of the City, with points for elderly residents. Those point clusters should start to create a heat map like visual that can show where the highest concentration of elderly residents live. The points for the trolley stops and public transit stops should be the easiest points to source and are there purely for context about nearby transit options the clusters might have available. identified several age bands for the data (maybe color coded) 60-70, 71-80, => 81. Some potential data sets we might be able to use to source the demographic info were parks data (silver club members, current - but that will be a small pool), potentially voter registration,  golden passport members. 

Using Age: 5 years increments population senior citizen 60+. I found tools Enrich and Buffer. Is it required to input distance or can it be without? Please need your advice. Thank you for your time and support.

Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@AlexP_ - so the Enrich GP tool indicates that the Distance or time parameter is optional while for the Buffer GP tool, the Distance (value or field) is a required parameter.

AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

@Robert_LeClair  Thank you for your reply. I tried to run enrich tool included distance as 0 from point shapefile. the result was error.  I also do have ArcGIS Insight. Do you have steps to recommend?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I tested the Enrich tool without the distance parameter and it also errors out on me.  So I suspect this parameter is required.  In ArcGIS Insights, you can enrich web feature layers using the Enrich Data command as well.

0 Kudos