Antivirus blocks projects and geodatabases

07-20-2022 07:31 AM
alessandro_stabilini
New Contributor

Hi Friends,

I am noticing some anomalous behavior, from what i have observed so far, from the antivirus SentinelOne. In fact, it seems that continuous scanning of files sends them into lock, consequently blocking all ArcGIS Pro projects and all related files, even closing ArcGIS Pro and terminating the process from task manager.

The first solution I came up with is to try disabling antivirus scanning of certain folders, but that may not be a long-term solution.

Has anyone already encountered this problem?

Arcgis Pro: 2.9 on Windows Server 2019

thank you very much

Tags (3)
2 Replies

I believe I am experiencing a similar issue with McAfee on one particular computer.  Attempts to create a file geodatabase in a directory take a very long time and the task manager shows the antivirus spiking in activity.  Attempts from another computer - same version of pro, same output directory, do not encounter the issue.  Did you resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I found this topic following a strange behaviour on my machine:

Arcgis Pro 3.2.2 (but it started earlier, over a month ago) Everything is locally installed, my Projects folder has the timestamps of its projects' subfolders altered to present day/time some times per week and one level deeper, the .GDB folder gets updated to present as well.

While this is merely a nuisance as I use the date of last save to administer my projects I have encountered several corrupt topologies in the last few weeks which I have never experienced in the ten years before.

I'm waiting for clearance from IT to disclose the antivirus product we're using. (In fact, they have to tell me what it is as I don't have a clue)

For the moment the projects folder is excluded from scanning, i'm suspiciously following the events.

0 Kudos