Append tool doesn't work after adding Global-ID's to generate attribute rules

09-13-2021 03:47 AM
Labels (2)
Lila
by
New Contributor

Dear community, I have a problem with some global Id's. I am working with a SDE database. Now I had to add some attribute rules with arcade expressions for a table. For this reason I had to generate some global id's. The problem is, since I added these ID's, it is not possible to add new features from other datasets. Regardless of whether they also have Global ID's or not. I have run some minimalized examples with or without Global ID, with only two fields in the source table or all the same fields as in the target fields.I also checked the environment settings in the Append tool and flipped the switch to keep the object ID's. But nothing worked.
I always got this error message: " 000597: Failed to insert input record with FeatureID <value>". I hope someone has a solution for this problem. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

If you google 'ESRI Error 000597', you get this return.  Check the data you are appending for null values in fields where the target data does not allow null values.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
Lila
by
New Contributor

Dear JoeBorgione, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem. I already checked all field settings. How i wrote before, i did some checks with the same feature class and the same field settings, just without Global IDs. It always worked without these IDs. Because of that I guess the problem lies in these.

0 Kudos
tiztrain
Occasional Contributor

@Lila did you ever figure this out cause I am having the same problem

0 Kudos