ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 and Python Package Manager

Jump to solution
06-27-2018 11:00 AM
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

I updated to Pro 2.2.0 today and noticed the default python environment is now read-only.  The previously downloaded packages I had were wiped out with the new update.  I need to get the package, spyder, back into my environment.  So, I cloned the arcgispro-py3 environment in order to make the install. 

Notice that the window says, "Restart ArcGIS Pro for your environment changes to take effect."

So, I clicked 'Exit'. 

After the program restarted, I no longer have a cloned environment to select.

Can someone please help?

112 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

As per the Python Package Manager issues reported in this thread, would they cause Add Packages such as reportlab not being able to be installed?  The Install button is greyed out and I have no idea why this would be as I am an admin on the machine.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would also look at the end of this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/218879-arcgis-pro-221-patch-is-available 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JamesGarner
New Contributor II

I updated to 2.2.1 and continue to have the same issue as the OP.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully the next patch will fix this issue, but that's up to ESRI.

0 Kudos
GhislainPrince
Esri Contributor

James, did you look at this already?

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000018813

0 Kudos
JamesGarner
New Contributor II

I just completed the steps prescribed in the linked TA with no apparent change, the bug persists. Do I need to delete all the .tar.bz2 files too?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

When I performed this process, I deleted everything but the "cache" folder and it worked.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
GhislainPrince
Esri Contributor

you can keep the bz2, or delete them (they'll get pulled down again).

James when you click `New` , do make sure you wait for the blue spinning status bar to complete before you click `Activate`. If that still doesn't work can you tell me what you see at the bottom of %LocalAppData%\esri\conda\conda_debug.log ?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Ghislain Prince‌, I've been fight this thing for several weeks now.  I had backed down to v 2.1 just to get Spyder back, and today I ran the upgrade again to 2.2.1.  I ran NEW and CLONE as described in the Help docs, and let the blue bar stop flashing.  I could see the new env directories in Windows Explorer, but ArcGIS Pro never listed them.  Since Pro didn't 'see' them I figured they didn't install correctly so I just deleted them with Windows Explorer.  I've since installed Spyder using conda.(Thanks Dan!)

However, when I fire up Pro and look at Project Environment, the window is empty.  If I select Manage Environments, and toggle on the default env, when closing the window I get a flash screen warning me that one of the env's I deleted with Windows Explorer does not exist.  Some where there is a config file that is still referencing it: do you know where / what it is?  Is not having an active env selected problematic.

BTW; this really doesn't need to be so difficult...

That should just about do it....