ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Crashes on Startup

Jump to solution
02-06-2019 06:39 PM
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Pro began crashing after I upgraded from Pro 2.2.X to 2.3. I've uninstalled/reinstalled ArcGIS Pro 2.3 but the problem persists. Please find the attached error report. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Calvin, we have a couple of developers actively investigating this issue.  

1. Is your system running English or non-English locale?

2. We think you have a font installed called Gulim, and there may be a ttc and ttf.  When you check your system Fonts, do you see multiple installs of that font?

3. Try removing the ttf from the Fonts folder and let us know what happens.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Kory Kramer‌ 

Calvin, these should be directed to tech support to ensure that they get seen.  I have flagged Kory in the hopes that he can forward it.

CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Will do. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

I reinstalled ArcGIS Pro 2.2 (which works as expected), and updated via upgrade notification in ArcGIS Pro again. The program launches normally. If I experience the issue again, I will let our tech support know.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for flagging me Dan Patterson‌ 

Calvin, glad you aren't seeing the crash anymore.  If you crash and it isn't consistently reproducible, the best thing is to submit the error report with a valid email address and description.  More on that here: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners 

If you ever experience a crash that IS reproducible (i.e. do these steps, crashes every time) that should definitely be submitted to technical support as a bug.  These are the easiest for development teams to fix.

Cheers

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Hi Kory,

The issue resurfaced after initiating a single session on ArcGIS Pro 2.3. I was able to reproduce the issue and have forwarded the information to our tech support. For now, I've reverted to Pro 2.2, which seems to be working fine.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Calvin,

When you're able to, go back to Pro 2.3 and after upgrading, the FontEngineV6 folder from   \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ESRI\FontEngineV6

Then launch Pro 2.3 again and let us know if the crash still occurs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Hi Kory, could you clarify what I should do with the FontEngineV6 folder?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Calvin, we have a couple of developers actively investigating this issue.  

1. Is your system running English or non-English locale?

2. We think you have a font installed called Gulim, and there may be a ttc and ttf.  When you check your system Fonts, do you see multiple installs of that font?

3. Try removing the ttf from the Fonts folder and let us know what happens.

Thank you 

CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Kory,

1. My system is English local

2. I saw ttc/ttf instances for the Gulim font. 

I erased ttf instance of the font and ArcGIS Pro 2.3 starts up normally. I will keep an eye on any instabilities and let you know if I face the same issue. 

Thank you for your assistance.